HI Capacity Soldering Workshop December 13th
Here's an upcoming Hi-Capacity event just in time for Christmas. Blinky lights!!!
We'll be doing an incredibly fun beginner's soldering workshop led by Jeremy Chan. Jeremy Chan is an experienced electrical engineer working at the Hawaii Space Flight Laboratory.
No tools or experience is necessary, but feel free to bring your own.
After this lesson, you'll be ready to solder on your own.
What the workshop will cover:
- A quick safety introduction
- Basic soldering concepts and how-tos. We will be practicing on PCBs.
- Then we will be building an LED Christmas tree!
It'll have blinky lights and will be a gift for you to take home! It's an ornament you can show off your DIY skills with your family, friends and coworkers.
"That looks really cool, where did you buy it?", they'll say.
"I made it myself" responding with a grin.
$45 for members
$55 for non-members
This event is different than our free events. Your payment will help us cover the following:
- Equipment costs (solder, soldering irons)
- Using the The Box Jelly space. Because we are having a paid event, we will be renting the space. The rate is $280 for 3 hours or 1/3 of our profits, which ever amount is less.
- The LED Christmas tree ornament costs roughly $20 with shipping
- Any remaining profit will directly towards improving our current and future Makerspace.
At The Box Jelly, there will be street parking available, although it is limited. You can park at the Sports Authority across the street. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.