CALL FOR BOXJELLY+FISHCAKE ARTIST IN RESIDENCE
We are now accepting proposals for BoxJelly+Fishcake Artist in Residence (AiR), a 3-month opportunity to create new work for a solo exhibition in Honolulu, Hawaii in the heart of Kaka’ako, an urban neighborhood with proximity to the beach, shops, restaurants, bars and local events.
We’re looking for bright, enterprising creatives who work in contemporary art practices and forms with big ideas and the ambition to execute them.
The residency includes:
- A workspace (a clean studio space suitable for artists and designers working in digital arts, video, photography, illustration, fiber arts and textile design).
- A solo exhibition at The BoxJelly, the premier co-working space for urban creatives in Hawaii! We will provide press, marketing and hosting costs of the opening reception. All sales from the exhibition go directly to the artist.
- BoxJelly Dedicated Studio membership (a $1500 value).
- Creative mentoring with BoxJelly Arts Coordinator Laurie Sumiye.
- A one-on-one portfolio review with Fishcake Art Curator Keiko Hatano.
- Consultation with Fishcake Co-Founder and Chief Creative Maura Fujihira and Fishcake Showroom Manager Cassie Louie on selling artwork and design products.
- An opportunity to earn a spot on Fishcake’s roster of local and international artists and designers. Fishcake sells artists’ work in two retail locations, as well as direct to homeowners and businesses through their interior design studio, Fishcake Works.
The residency does not include exhibition costs, artist stipend, transportation or housing. We cannot offer a visa for international applicants.
Submissions must include:
- The application form
- Project proposal: 1-2 pages in length, outlining a plan to create a body of work to enhance BoxJelly’s space. Include a detailed list of techniques and materials, outlining project logistics, supply and labor needs, and budget
- Artist’s CV
- Digital zip file containing 5-10 samples of your most recent work with an inventory sheet
- Artist Statement
- Other Supportive Material (optional)
Please email your application and materials to [email protected]
FINAL DEADLINE: MIDNIGHT HST, JUNE 15th 2017.
To arrange a space visit and for all questions, please contact:
Arts Coordinator, BoxJelly