Apply now for our 2018 BoxJelly+Fishcake Artist-in-Residence (AiR) Program, an opportunity to create new work for a solo exhibition in Honolulu, Hawaii in the heart of Kaka’ako.
We’re looking for artists who work in contemporary art practices and forms with big ideas and the ambition to execute them.
Spring Term starts February 1 – April 30, 2018.
Summer Term starts May 1 – Aug 30, 2018.
Fall Term starts September 1 – November 30, 2018.
Each 3-month residency includes:
- A “clean” studio space suitable for artists working in digital arts, video, photography, illustration, fiber arts and textile design. We cannot accommodate painting, woodworking or ceramics.
- A solo exhibition at The BoxJelly, the premier co-working space for urban creatives in Hawaii! We will provide press, marketing and hosting costs of the opening reception. All sales from the exhibition go directly to the artist.
- BoxJelly Dedicated Studio membership (a $1500 value).
- An opportunity to earn a spot on Fishcake’s roster of local and international artists and designers. Fishcake sells artists’ work in two retail locations, and through their interior design studio, Fishcake Works.
The residency does not include exhibition costs, artist stipend, transportation or housing. We cannot offer a visa for international applicants. For visiting artists, we may be able to offer temporary lodging, pending availability.
The next application deadline for the AiR Program is December 15, 2017.
Step 1: Apply Here
Step 2: Email materials below to laurie (at) theboxjelly.com
Submissions must include:
- Project proposal: 1-2 pages in length, outlining a plan to create a body of work to enhance BoxJelly’s space. Include a detailed list of techniques and materials, outlining project logistics, supply and labor needs, and budget
- Artist’s CV
- Digital zip file containing 5-10 samples of your most recent work with an inventory sheet
- Artist Statement
- Other Supportive Material (optional)